Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice Again

this has been one of those months, you know, when you just don't want to do anything cause its too darn cold. I can't seem to get warm, at all, and I'm not sure I ever will.

Monday I went to work with the mind set that this won't be a real bad storm, WRONG. I finally left work at 3:30, an hour early. I should've left about 12:30. I have a 35 mile drive home that usually takes about 45 minutes with traffic and all. NOT MONDAY! Monday it took me 3 HOURS and I still didn't make it home.

Bumper to bumper and 3 to 5 mph for 3 frickin hours. Semis sliding (backwards downhill), trucks fishtailin, and cars spinning out of control, and I had had enough. I couldn't do anymore, so when The Husband called and told me to take it real easy down our hill and tap the brakes easy so I won't end up going sideways, I gave up. Only a couple of miles from Melanies I called and begged "Can I spend the night at your house, PLEASE?" I knew she would say yes, she couldn't believe I was driving in this crap anyway.

Three blocks from Mels house and I hear a loud crash. Not me but Right next to me going the other way was a nice pretty blue car spinning in circles. So with my stomach in knots and having to pee for the last 2 hours, blood shot eyes from squinting for three hours and only one breakdown where the tears and sobbing were out of control, I got off the Highway. I made it the two blocks to her drive way and as I was turning right somehow my SUV went left into her neighbors yard, OMG I finally made into the drive and I couldn't wait to get in the house

By the look on her face I could tell that I probably had a wild look on mine. But I made it there safe and sound and a little (lot) frazzled. Tried again the next day to make it the last ten miles to my house, and then I was truly safe at home for the next two days. I hate Ice!!!

Hope everyone else driving in this crap is safe too!

4 comments:

Jindivick Wildlife Care said...

Hi Debbie, Nice to see you back again. How scary. I can't even imagine driving on ice. We have the opposite problem at the moment. Our roads are melting because it is soooo hot. Try to stay warm and safe. Me - I'm heading out to the pool again!

Amber said...

Oh man Debbie. I'm glad you made it to mom's okay. I had a day like that one time trying to leave work in Claremore. I only made it to my Nanny's though and then made Ryan come get me. I hate driving in this stuff.

Anonymous said...

I was coming over here today to leave you a message and ask you where in the world you were, so I was happy to see this post. Glad you had a place to stop and then finally made it home. I was suppose to drive from TX that Monday and got 3 phone calls from friend and family telling me not to come. I was glad I didn't attempt it. Good to have you back in the blogosphere. :)

Laura Marie said...

The roads near my school are all totally ice covered so i hate it quite alot too...not that i have to drive :) ...

Im glad that you managed to get home safely :)

<3

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed