Monday, February 16, 2009

O.K. I'll tell you

For those of you who have thick, bouncy, full of life hair STOP READING. This does not concern you! You won't get it, you can't even start to understand. For those of you who have fine, limp, stringy, lifeless hair, You my dear can continue to read.

For most of my younger years my Mother would give me a "at-home-perm" which I hated, but had no choice, she was my Mother. So several years ago I made the decision to never perm my locks again. Well I am now tired of the fight. I have no fight left in me for this mess of hair that I have been given.

So a few weeks ago Midlife Slices posted that she got a perm/body wave and it made me start to think maybe just maybe that would work for me. All I could think of was my younger years and those curly curly perms. So I waited. Then last week I said what the heck "I want a body wave"
Friday at 4:30 I did it, ok so it stunk for two days, but now I love it. I can fix it and it will last all day or at least most of the day verses an hour maybe two without it.

Thank You Midlife Slices for letting me get in on a little of your courage. Cuz now I have big controllable bouncy full of life curls that match the rest of me (the bouncy part, as in my butt, not the controllable part)

So if you have fine, limp, lifeless crap hair like mine, put on your big girl panties and go get a body wave (If you want to)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHH....I should have known that. Duh! Glad you did it and glad you love it. Mine is already flat again but the girl that did it, bent lots of the ends and so now I deal with crispy bent ends so I'm going to give it another month or two and get another body wave and then a trim because you are so right......it's the only way to deal with fine straight hair. :) We need pictures now, ya know.

Jindivick Wildlife Care said...

Oh - you are a brave girl! Glad that you are happy with it.
DO you realize that we make commets not comments? Yes - I am a little anal about things like that - sorry!

Amber said...

This post is almost worthless without pictures. haha I'm glad you like it!

Debbie said...

Gem I fixed it! I hadn't even noticed that Thanks How is everything goin your way Is life getting back to normal?

Anonymous said...

Do you still love your perm? Mine is all gone and I'm disappointed but I hate to get another one this quick. Maybe in a couple of months and I'll go to a different girl since this one seemed to not have much experience in perms.

Anonymous said...

Yep...I have fine, limp, lifeless hair. AND I did the body wave/perm thing for a gabillion years...Until my hairdresser finally talked me out of it. She was right. For me...my hair is much healthier now. And shockingly, I have just the slightest natural wave of my own. Go figure.

So glad you like your new do!!! Now...I'm off to checkout more of your blog!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed