Friday, March 13, 2009

Diamonds ARE a Girls Best Friend


Yes maam He did good! He did real Good!
This is coming from the girl who doesn't really wear a lot of jewelry. During the week I wear your basic gold band and thats it. With my job its not practical to wear a lot of jewelry. I did wear it Monday though, the guys at work had to see it.
After 25 years and a few hints (not a lot), the Husband pulled it off. Saturday we were going out to eat at Flemings (a steak house)and before we left our house I decided to give him the gifts I had gotten for him (a motorcycle lift and seat, a digital camera for hunting and a Tom Tom GPS ) he loved them. He said it was like Christmas, then it was time to leave, we did have reservations at 7 pm.
You have to understand that for the last 24 years we haven't exchanged anniversary gifts, maybe a card, but thats it. I will say he was surprised, and then so was I when he didn't say "Honey I have something for you too". No he just said thanks and we better get on the road to make those reservations. OK well so much for that. I still had hope.
We got to the steak house and was seated and of course I was starving and was going on and on about which steak I wanted and which appetizer to get. When he shut his menu and said "I have something for you", and "I Love You" blah blah blah get on with it PLEASE!!!!!
Then he laid the box on the table. HOLY COW!!! Not only was it a ring, it was THE ring. The one I had wanted but hadn't told or showed him yet (hadn't had the chance)(and really didn't think it would do any good anyways) Now what are the odds of that. Husband actually getting it and getting it right!!
It was hard to eat (i am left handed) and look at my ring at the same time but I managed somehow.
It is beautiful and it fits perfectly and its all mine baby!
Thank You Husband of 25 years!!!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That ring is awesome!! He did good so I think you should keep him another 25 years....at least. :)

Girl Tornado said...

What a beautiful ring and yay for your 25th, sounds like you really had a wonderful anniversary... I love Flemings too, isn't the filet just to die for, and those Flemings potatoes, um-um!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed