Saturday, November 15, 2008

BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS

These are absolutely the best appetizer and the easiest to make. I do not like asparagus, I do not like asparagus, that's what i kept telling my Uncle the whole time he was making these. Here from California helping me out in a trying time of need ( i'll explain later) my two uncles were cooking dinner one night (probably out of desperation cuz I wasn't doing any cooking ~they were HUNGRY) They fixed a wonderful meal, but before the meal they had grilled bacon wrapped asparagus. I gave in, trying to be nice and ate one, then two, then before i knew it i was looking around and counting how many everyone else was having, i had to make myself stop so I wouldn't embarrass myself . holy cow!
Now I still don't like asparagus any other way, but I can eat a grill full of these things. Haven't fixed them for anyone that doesn't love'em. Even my Son that really doesn't like that many vegetables will ask for them. Go figure

Super Easy Super Good


Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

1 package Center cut bacon
1 bundle of asparagus
toothpicks

Break the tough end off the asparagus. Just bend each stalk gently and the tough end will break right off. Then cut your bacon in half and wrap each stalk with a piece of bacon, secure with toothpick (if your asparagus is real long you can cut them in half, make them about 3 to 4 inches long) grill till bacon is done. We use a grilling basket and that makes it so much easier to turn. Serve with Ranch dressing or plain (I eat mine plain )

Be careful or you will eat so many of these stinkers you won't be able to eat your meal. Husband and I have actually had just these for dinner.

Thanks Uncle Ron we love them and you!

1 comment:

Jindivick Wildlife Care said...

HI Debbie, Came across from Windy Hill to say Hi. I left you a reply comment on my comments about the scales. You have some yummy looking recipes here I will add you to my blog roll so I can keep checking back!
Cheers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed