Sunday, November 9, 2008

THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving Day is coming up real fast, so I am starting to plan the meal. I cook the same thing every year but I still plan for it every year. It's pretty basic and the easier the better

1 Turkey

2 Dressing

3 Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

4 chicken and dumplings

5 Green Beans

6 corn

7 salad

8 Rolls

9 pumpkin pie and/or pumpkin cake

10 pecan pie

Sometimes My Husband smokes the turkey and that just takes one thing off my list YEA! But a lot of the time I like my turkey cooked in the oven the old fashioned way. It's just as easy, it just takes up some of that precious oven room and time. The dressing is the same ol dressing that I have made for years and years (Kinda chunky and thick almost cake like) and then there is the dumplins I CONFESS I CHEAT! I have tried to make homemade dumplins and yucky, they never turn out so I stick with the can biscuit recipe that my mom used and we love them. Now don't get me wrong , if we go somewhere and they have homemade dumplings don't think I'm gonna pass them up because they're not biscuit ones. NO SIRREE.

Yes the Green Beans on the list will more than likely be the almighty green bean Casserole the I'm sure every other table in America will have too. (My boys like it What can I say?)

As far as the salad goes sometimes its a toss salad, and sometimes its a broccoli salad. This year I'm thinking Broccoli Yum

well that's a good start on my preplanning Now I've just got to get the house cleaned (even though its just me, my husband, my boys, and a couple of friends I still like the house to be fixed up for the holiday) and shop for all that food.

Thanksgiving will be here and gone before you know it and left an extra 5 pounds on your but. Then guess what! Its CHRISTMAS TIME with even more eating and more pounds on my A$$ Oh well new Years Resolutions are right after that. Maybe this year I'll stick with mine ( that means weight loss)

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed