Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrrrr

Here we go again! It is not a good sign when the temperature drops 50 degrees in just a few hours. When there is sleet hitting the windows, you kinda wonder, what the crap. The weatherman talk like not a big deal, hardly any precipitation, which I guess this is not alot compared to last year. Heck this ain't nothin, compared to last year.

But it is enough to keep my sorry butt home from work. Husband said he would take me in today (he doesn't want to pay the deductible on my insurance again) but he worked all nite and lets just say I don't trust him when he hasn't had any sleep for 24 hours.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind staying home today, but I feel like I have to be quiet cause he's sleeping. I mean not that I was planning on running the vacuum, or dryer or really anything else productive I WAS planning on going to work.
But I haven't had real good luck on dry pavement let alone a little ice, so I guess I will just stay here.

I did talk to one of the guys at work and yes he made it ( I think guys just like to drive in this crap) but he also told me that one of the other guys flipped his truck at the entrance. Bad Deal! So for Me and my FELLOW DRIVERS SAFETY
I will be at home doing what I do best, reading or playing on the computer. (maybe a power nap squeezed in)

FYI: be watching for birthday stuff next week I'm making a choo choo train cake HOLY MOLY (don't worry amber it'll be soooo cute)
Then the next week is Husbands 50th birthday party WooHoo! (ooh I'm going to be married to an old man) Ha Ha

4 comments:

Jindivick Wildlife Care said...

Hi Debbie, It must be soooooo cold there. I hope you can stay warm. I think it would be really cool to have to stay home because of the weather! Doesn't happen down here. Good luck with the birthday cake - we have three birthdays around Christmas, 2 in Dec and 1 in Jan. This time of year is so busy.

Amber said...

Can't wait Debbie.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we've been hit with crappy weather but not nearly like last year......yet. I'm in TX this week and it went from 75 to 35 in one day and I think on Thursday it's supposed to be 75 here again. Weird weather for this time of year. We almost had a bad wreck last night because these Texans sure don't know how to drive on ice. Ha!
Hope you have a good day at home. Enjoy...

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for spring already. I hate being cold. I don't mind driving in the snow...I just hate being on the road with all of the other knuckleheads!

Can't wait to see pics of that Choo-Choo cake! Yay!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed