Saturday, December 6, 2008

Roller Skating

How old do you have to be before your to old to roller skate?
That is the question of the day!!!

Well, we might have an answer, just depends on how sore our muscles are Monday morning. Because Mels Neice is having a roller skating birthday party Sunday afternoon. Please pray for me and anyone who is close by and happens to get caught up in my fall(s).

Mels and I, although we didn't know each other in our youth, both skated. When I say youth i mean a long, long time ago. Remember how old I am, and Mels is the same age. I haven't skated since I was about 13 or 14 and I am scared. And I'll say it again I AM SCARED. Not of skating, I'm scared of falling.
I want to skate and I thought it would be "just like riding a bike" until yesterday. That's when it all change for me. When Mels decides she needs to practice before we go to the rink. Cheater. That's so not fair. Anyway, she still has her own personal skates from her youth and puts them on and proceeds to skate around her house. There goes the "riding a bike therory". ( if i'd only had a camera). Not really she was alittle wobbly at first but, now she will have her feet under her while the rest of us (mainly me) won't. She did say It wasn't as easy as she thought. Great!!

So Sunday afternoon I will update the Skating experience, hopefully with a few photos, unless I spend the evening in the ER. Just kidding!

I wonder how many calories skating will burn up? Idon't think its enough.

3 comments:

Jindivick Wildlife Care said...

I loved to roller skate in my younger days. My children have had a couple of skating parties but they use roller blades now. I don't like the look of those wheels all in a row. I prefer my four wheels all spaced out nicely. Good luck with the skating and I hope you have no broken bones.

Debbie said...

Thanks Gem I think I am going to need all the help and Luck I can get.

Amber said...

I can't wait. I haven't been since I was little either. This will be both kids first time too. I should bring the camera...thanks for the reminder. lol

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed