Friday, October 24, 2008

Apple Dumplings

I have come across the most amazingly awesome and easy Apple Dumpling recipe on this earth. I wish I could say I came up with it. But I didn't, so there. But I did find it on Thepioneerwoman.com, she has alot of great recipes. Her whole website is pretty awesome, but the recipes, holy cow. There is the apple dumplings, that everyone I have fix them for, loves them, The Best Chocolate Sheet cake Ever, Marlboro Mans Favorite Sandwich(my husband loves it) and the list just goes on and on.





On the Apple Dumpling Recipe I have to cut it down by half because there is just the two of us and well it makes 16 small dumplings and we /I will just sit and eat them till you know, they are all gone. So I make half and that is still alot, but somehow we/I manage.





I do want to try it with peaches instead of apples yummy


This is the cut down version but you really need to go to http://the%20pioneerwoman.com/ to take a look at all of the recipes.








Apple Dumplings




1 Granny Smith Apple


1 can of crescent rolls ( the 8 in a roll)


1 stick of butter


3/4 cup of sugar


1/2 teaspoon of vanilla


cinnamon


about 1/2 cup of mountain Dew




Peel and core your apple and cut into eight slices- wrap each slice in one of the crescent rolls- put them in a small buttered dish( don't want them all scattered out)combine the butter (melted) and sugar and vanilla and pour over the dumplins -then - pour the mountain dew around the edges of the pan and sprinkle all over with cinnamon


Bake at 350 for 40 minutes




have some vanilla Ice Cream on hand and you are goin to be in heaven


P.S. I did try it with peaches and they are just as good

P.S.S. one peach equals 4 dumplings vs one apple equals 8 dumplings

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed