Friday, October 24, 2008

Elks Cole Slaw

WOW 2 in one day! Maybe I am avoiding cleaning my house. You think? This is one that my Mom got from the cook Mary at the Elks Lodge. Mom loved it and made it for alot of dinners, now since she is gone I have people calling me asking for the recipe. Since I am not a very organized person, I just now found it. Imagine that!

Anyways on Moms recipe card it says that this will keep for a week, personally I don't know how she would have known that since it never lasted more than a day around all of us.

Elks Cole Slaw
Cabbage
Green Peppers
Red Onions
Carrots
Add: 1 part vinegar
1 part sugar
1 part vegetable oil or olive oil (she says the olive oil is the best)
Celery seeds
Toss together and
ENJOY!
I use and she did to a whole head of cabbage and how ever much peppers, onions and carrots you desire .
Maybe I should be taking photos of these dishes that I am posting. And maybe I will whenever I get back in the kitchen, I mopped the floor and its wet, "can't walk on a wet floor now can you!"

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed