Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Birthdays


Sometimes birthdays come and go, no big deal, and some of them you will remember for the rest of your life. When someone close to you passes away you know in your heart you will remember them forever, you'll remember how they look and how they smell, how they walk and talk, and all the things they have done for you all your life. You want to set something out as a remembrance token, so that when you walk by it you can look at it and all those feelings are just there. There for you, in your heart, something to hold on to. But in reality you can't keep everything that special person leaves behind. But sometimes someone helps to make something special for you to help you along the way. When my mother passed away , everything went to crap, in my mind. What do you do with everything all the clothes, the house , and all of the belongings , not to mention the grief, so you start to get rid of what you can, when you can. And you deal with it the best way you know how. Back to the birthday. When I was ready to deal with the material things some of my closest friends came to my rescue and offered to help (Thank God!) One of the friends that came to help with all the stuff , took some of my Moms clothes and scarfs, didn't know what she would do with them but she wanted them so they in turn were hers to do with what ever she desired. Then several months later it was my birthday and she presented me with a Quilt made out all of Moms things, it is the most awesome beautiful quilt that I have ever seen or will ever own. As I look at it, all kinds of memories of her wearing that shirt or she got that scarf at the race for the cure, they are all there for me to enjoy. I will cherish this quilt forever. Thanks Amy

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

How awesome. I just heard of someone else doing something like this. It's a wonderful idea. Did MY Amy make that???

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed